Lilo the airstream argosy
Meet Lilo, the Lilo and Stitch themed RV. Lilo is a 1974 26′ Argosy RV we renovated and sold. The Argosy was made by Airstream for a brief period of time in the late 70s and 80s. You can read more about their fascinating history here: Argosy history
We loved Lilo so much. She was everything I wanted in a small vintage trailer; lightweight, easy to tow, tons of character, and room for our large family.
I like starting my renovations with a mood/design board to give me a big picture goal for my project. I played around with colors and ideas to finally settle on this dreamy teal and pink theme. We decided to name our Argosy, Lilo after Lilo and Stitch. I liked the idea of a tropical vibe and also wanted something with a subtle Disney nod.
Find items I used in this RV in my Amazon storefront.
You can find all the details on the renovation process over at allthingswithpurpose.com. We salvaged as much of the original interior as we could, while making it better suited to our needs. We kept the sofas that transform into beds, but removed the original wardrobe to make room for additional bunks.
We used Benjamin Moore Advance paint in “Florida Aqua” on the exterior, which was perfect considering we moved to Florida during the renovation process! Find many of the interior features and wallpaper linked in my Amazon Shop.
The number one question I am asked is about the pipe railing on the bunk beds. This was created using pipe from the Home Depot, fitted together and spray painted gold.
Here are a few features Lilo had once we were finished with the RV renovation process:
- Sleeps our family of 7, but it’s tight! There are 2 “full” size beds and 3 “twin” size beds, but I put the sizes in quotations because they are not exactly standard sizes, they are RV sizes.
- Approximately 4,000 lbs
- 26′ long
- 1974 Argosy made by Airstream
- Bathroom with toilet, sink and small shower
- Kitchen has sink and gas oven/stove that is not currently operational
- Refrigerator/freezer in working order
- Air conditioner and hot water heater all work
- Comes with battery and 12v convertor
- Black and gray holding tanks
- Fresh water holding tank and pump
- Comes with propane gas tanks
- Electric tongue jack
- Built-in stabilizing jacks
- Original Zip-Dee awning
- Brand new tires
- New exterior paint and sealant
- All new flooring
- Interior paint
- A recovered cushion on the original sofa
- Portions of original cabinets were removed to create room for bunk beds
- Brand new hot water heater
- Tub refinished
- Countertops refinished
- Cabinets painted
- New light fixtures
- Water pump replaced
- New gas tanks and regulator
- Brand new power lift jack installed
What Doesn’t Work:
- The furnace does not work
- Oven/stove not usable
- Flooring not finished/trimmed out
Original Features that Work:
- Black/gray tank
- Water holding tank
- All original windows
- Original awning
- Roof air-conditioning